Outboard Technician | Marine Mechanic
IF INTERESTED CONTACT: TIM BAXLEY | PHONE: (803) 321-1900 OR EMAIL INFO@MUDDYBAY.COM
- Location: Newberry, SC
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Manages Others: No
- Relocation Covered: No
- Experience: At least 3 year(s)
EXPERIENCED MARINE MECHANIC | OUTBOARD TECHNICIAN needed to join our winning team for a high-volume marine dealership in Newberry, SC. Position is available immediately and for the right person provides a great opportunity for career advancement and income stability. Certification in Yamaha, Mercury, Evinrude, or Tohatsu outboard engines is preferred but not required with appropriate verifiable work history. Preference will be given to candidates with both classroom and hands-on shop experience. Three (3) years minimum experience is required. Experience in operating dealership heavy equipment a plus. This is a full-time, year-round, career position. It provides an industry leading fixed salary, profit-sharing, 401(k) retirement plan, and pre-tax cafeteria plan, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, sick-leave, health, life, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance.
Muddy Bay Marine and Muddy Bay Outfitters are equal employment opportunity employers.
MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of verifiable experience on outboard engines required.
- Classroom and/or shop experience preferred.
- Aptitude to read and comprehend service manuals and bulletins.
- Working knowledge of computerized diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and comprehensive background check.
- Must possess valid SC Drivers License with no major MVR violations.
- Verifiable references from previous employers.
- Stable prior employment history.
- Positive, can-do personality.
- Winning attitude.
- Talent to provide exceptional client service.
- Desire to earn industry leading compensation.